With Iolo Williams
15-19 January 2018
[SORRY, NOW FULL]
We’ll meet at Kennacraig and board the ferry for the island of Islay. While on board the MV Hebridean Isles – Eileanan Innse Gall we will search for Otter, Harbour Porpoise, Bottlenose Dolphin, Black Guillemot, Great Northern, Black-throated and Red-throated Diver, Golden Eagle, White-tailed Eagle and more.
Once we arrive at Port Askaig we’ll spend the mid-afternoon covering some beautiful coastal areas on the east of the Isle (Bunnahabhain) and checking some freshwater lochs inland before making our way to the house for our first relaxing evening in our Hebridean home for the next five days.
- Co-led by Nature Scotland’s Ewan Miles
- A small group (max 6) to ensure personal attention and ethically sustainable wildlife watching.
- Five days all inclusive professional guidance, vehicle transport, food and accommodation.
- We will showcase the island’s incredible biodiversity which includes 50,000 wintering Geese, Chough, White-tailed Eagle, Golden Eagle, Otter, Peregrine, Hen Harrier, Short-eared Owl, Merlin and many other wintering birds.
- We’ll explore a broad range of habitats including wetland, coastal, oceanic, estuarine, beach, dune, mountain and moorland.
- Our home on Islay will be a large traditional house, surrounded by natural beauty.
- Home cooked breakfasts (4 mornings) and packed lunches (4 days) using local produce, and visits to local pubs/restaurants for our evening meals (4 evenings).
- We’ll visit the RSPB’s wonderful nature reserves, Loch Gruinart and the Oa.
- You’ll have access to optional Stargazing Experiences in the evenings (weather dependent)
Find out more
T: 0774 395 6380